Green Chicken Curry
Originally a Central Thai dish, this is a savory, delicious curry that is best enjoyed often!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Green Curry Paste
- 14 oz boneless chicken thighs, cut into 11/4 inch cubes
- 1 2/3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon jaggery, palm sugar, or soft light brown sugar
- 1 cup pea eggplants ((aubergines))
- 3 1/2 oz round eggplants, cut into quarters ((aubergines))
- 1 cup sweet basil leaves
- 1 red spur chile, diagonally sliced
- Steamed Jasmine Rice
Heat the oil in a wok over low-medium heat, add the curry paste, and stir-fry for about two minutes until sizzling and fragrant.
Add the chicken and cook 1-2 minutes.
Pour in half the coconut milk, stir well, then increase the heat to medium then cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the remaining coconut milk, the fish sauce, and sugar and stir again. Add both eggplants, then cover wok and let boil for 4-5 minutes until the eggplants are cooked.
Add basil leaves and chile, stir for 30 seconds, then transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with basil leaves and sliced chiles and serve with rice.