The most famous soup of Thai cuisine.
Spicy Shrimp Soup
A wonderful dish full of flavor.
- 1/2 lb prawns (she;;ed and deveined)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 6 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 stalk lemon grass (cut into 1 inch lengths and use lower 1/3 portion only)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro (cut finely)
- 1/4 tsp red curry paste/oil (for garnish)
Remove shells from prawns and rinse prawns and shells. Place shells in a pot with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Strain stock and discard shells.
Add prawns and mushrooms. Bring to a boil and stir. Combine sauce ingredients and add to sup stock. Head through. Garnish soup with cilantro, chili peppers and, curry paste.